Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Character Design


last semester I took character design, which was pretty fun.  The not-so-fun part was that i seemed to reach an apex on my second-to-last character, and couldn't really seem to catch that lightning in a bottle for my Final. oh well.
for the class we were old to pick a story, pick 5 characters from that story, pick one to two artists to influence our style (we could also use our own if it was dynamic enough), and then pick a new genre to put that story in.
I picked:
Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury
Mr. Dark
Jim
Will
Mr Halloway
and picked the option to do a character sheet of one of the previous characters instead of doing a 5th
picked Shane Prigmore as my influence (but I had more of "me" in the art than I had intended, but my teacher din't mind)
and then set the whole thing in a retro 50's idea of future space

my apex piece was this little gem:
Will Halloway

I'd like to redo my other pieces and get back to this level, so maybe in the future you'll see those :)
thanks for dropping by again!

No comments:

Post a Comment